Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rough Times

Every now and then, life gets really hard. Nothing in particular is different, but things get rocky. This happened to me. It's amazing how the scriptures seem to have been written for you and your life. How is it that when I needed to read a certain scripture, it just happened to be in my reading that day? I know my mind isn't ready to comprehend the answer to such a question, but it's amazing how it always happens as long as I am doing my part and reading the scriptures like I should.

The scripture I'm talking about is found in 3 Nephi 18. Verse 20 says:

"And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you."

The promise in this verse given by Christ's own voice is amazing. I've read it before, but never has it impacted me the way it did. It's comforting to know that I can ask Heavenly Father for help, or for anything.

No comments: