Friday, May 15, 2009

Close my Eyes and Bow my Head

It may be very immature of me to just barely realize this, but I think I know why it's very important to close your eyes when your praying. There are the obvious reasons like reverence and focusing the words, but I think there could be another reason entirely. When a person prays, they are having a direct conversation with Heavenly Father. Someone can talk to God as if it were face to face, even though it's not. If you try hard enough, you can feel His presence there while you're praying. In that moment, you are talking to Supreme Being. We as mortals cannot look upon God with our mortal eyes. So when I utter prayer to my Heavenly Father, I close my eyes and feel Him all around me and I know to keep them closed if I want to feel His presence. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else. It makes so much more sense in my mind, but hopefully you know what I mean.

No comments: